ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best format for AE files to use in the edit?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David PhiferBest format for AE files to use in the edit?
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:43:22 pm

Hey guys, I'm working on Windows and using After Effects to work on my digital fx files, but I need to save them out to bring back into my Adobe Premiere edit suite. I have been saving them as Avi files, but I notice that those file sizes are huge.

Any recommendations to format/codec them as to bring back into my edit suite while keeping the file size down but quality up? As far as usage, the project will be shown at film festivals. Any insights would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

-David

Mod City Dave

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Best format for AE files to use in the edit?
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 1:28:07 pm

Are you working on the same system, cause if you are you could just Dynamically Link between the two projects.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

David PhiferRe: Best format for AE files to use in the edit?
by on Apr 7, 2012 at 12:13:30 am

Hey John! Yeah, I am working between the two systems, but I haven't used dynamic link between these files, I copied and pasted clips from premiere into AE. But dynamic link wasn't used. I've used it on different projects, but treated this one differently, maybe that wasn't the best choice, lol.

Mod City Dave

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Best format for AE files to use in the edit?
by on Apr 7, 2012 at 1:37:39 am

I work on multiple systems all the time and being we are an Avid house, I use the Avid codec. It's not exactly small, but compared to Animation or AVI it's about 20% the size and gives really good quality. If you can't transfer and link your projects back up, you might want to try it.

Avid Codec for Quicktime

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

David PhiferRe: Best format for AE files to use in the edit?
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 1:33:03 am

I may have to give that a try if these file sizes back me up, thanks a lot, John!

Mod City Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]