ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stars

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaz Sutherland
Stars
on Apr 5, 2012 at 3:31:23 pm

Is there a way to control the number of points on a star? Currently I'm stuck with 4-points within AE and haven't found a way within the Trapcode Suite either.
Currently I have to create an image sprite then import it.
~C

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Stars
on Apr 5, 2012 at 3:38:29 pm

Couple of ways changing the shape star_points. When you create the star just use the up and down arror to change the number of points. You can also change the number of points by twirling down into the Star Shape Layer -> Polystar -> Polystar Path and change the points there.

You can't change the number of points of the trapcode star, you would have to make your own star and use it as a custom particle for particular.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Chaz Sutherland
on Apr 5, 2012 at 4:22:01 pm

Thanks for the quick response John, but I was incorrect in stating how these stars are being made. I used Trapcode Form to create a star field, and that's where the four point star is actually located; not in AE as I indicated earlier (oops sorry). In any case I'm interested in creating a star that isn't using a shape or sprite.
It seems ridiculous that none of plugins I own can do this. It's such a rudimentary feature...
~C

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 5, 2012 at 5:20:28 pm

Couldn't you create whatever star shape you need in illustrator. Bring it into AE and set that as a custom particle in your form layer. You could actually precomp multiple stars and use the random still frame feature.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]