ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Question - Faster Rendering time.. and about Generate-Ramp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross TurianoQuestion - Faster Rendering time.. and about Generate-Ramp
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 4:14:57 pm

Hello, I'm new to this website, the tutorials help So much.
I have a question about how I can make the rendering time much faster, not so much the adding to render queue, but the RAM Preview as well.

I have a CC Particle world effect which takes up lots of RAM, as well as other fractal noise efx. If I render these to a quicktime movie, or any other format, then I try and re-import it, it makes it go faster, but takes away the 3d effect. For example, I'm using a sure target plug-in, from video-copilot, which is just a simple camera movement plugin, and I have a solid with CC Particle world, and when the camera moves, the particles move along with it, with motion blur checked, and it makes the particles look much better and more realistic, however when I render the particles into a video clip or create a proxy (I'm still learning proxies, and how to use them efficiently) the motion blur and movement of the particles is flat, the particles don't move within the camera.
So, I guess what I'm asking is how would I render a quicktime movie, or other format into a video that can be manipulated within after effects, i guess rendering the effect itself, not as a video clip. The same goes for more fractal noise effects...

Also, I'm having an issue with the Ramp effect applied to text. I have text precomped with a ramp(gradient) effect on it.
Then the Comp that the "text-precomp" is in, it is made 3d, and when the camera moves, the position of the ramp moves away from the text, which then changes the color of the text. So I have to continually keyframe the ramp start and finish positions as the camera moves. which takes a while. Is there anyway to have the ramp effect Stay on the text even if the camera moves? I tried to make a new solid with a ramp effect, and set the text as alpha matte, the ramp still does not stay on the text.

I'm sure there is an easy solution to these, but I'm still learning after effects, hope I don't sound too much like a newb, and used the right terminology..

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Question - Faster Rendering time.. and about Generate-Ramp
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 5:47:22 pm

As to the first question, Sorry, but there is no way to do what you want to accomplish. Once you render a file out, it's a flat video file. That's it. Working at a lower resolution, chaning your screen size to 50%, turn off motion blur will speed up your work flow.

For your precomped text. Open your precomp and apply the ramp effect to the text(or track matte with a solid) in your precomp. Now the two should move together.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved