ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Having a problem with Puppet Tool + Shatter

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefano Di Napoli
Having a problem with Puppet Tool + Shatter
on Mar 28, 2012 at 10:48:11 pm

I only just stared using AAF after watching a lot of tutorial, but I'm having a problem that I just cannot find the answer to.
I have an image that I imported from PS, it's just some writing (but not proper PS text) with no background.
I used the puppet tool to animate parts of the text as if they were flying in from off screen.

After all the pieces have gone into place I want to use a shatter effect on that same layer.
And this is where I run into the problem. When I turn on the shatter effect, anything that is outside the layer is no longer shown.
This is the same part of the clip as before but with shatter on:

Since the layer is pretty much the exact size of the text you only see the puppet tool animation when the letter enter the layer if shatter is active. Is there anyway for me to use both these effect and still be able to see the full puppet tool animation?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Having a problem with Puppet Tool + Shatter
on Mar 29, 2012 at 2:16:05 pm

Can you take your puppet tool animation and pre-compose(shift + cntl + c), move all attributes into new comp, and then apply shatter to your pre-composition?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 29, 2012 at 2:25:56 pm

Double post.

Return to posts index

Stefano Di Napoli
on Mar 31, 2012 at 2:24:34 pm

Hey, sorry it took me a few days to reply, I was busy with other projects. So I tried to remove (cut) the shatter effect from my comp, and precomposing it, but as soon as I put the shatter effect back in, it start doing the same thing as before. Is this because I did some wrong with the precomp?

Return to posts index

Stefano Di Napoli
on Mar 31, 2012 at 3:36:36 pm

Actually I figured out my mistake after watchin a precomposing tutorial, it's working great now, thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]