ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Very Basic Animation question - Key Frame slow and fast

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald HapemanVery Basic Animation question - Key Frame slow and fast
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 7:43:08 pm

I know this will be a very basic question... but I've been on a few forums and have yet to have anyone simply answer me or answer it correctly... Hope someone hear will be kind to me!

Scenario: A 10 sec frame shot. A ball moves across the screen. If I set the key frames of the ball at the beginning and end of 10 sec frame, it's stuck at that speed till it finishes to the end frame. Fine. But what if I want to speed up the ball AND still reach the 10 sec frame mark. I know I can move the last keyframe in, but when the moving ball reaches that point... it will stop... and I need it to continue throughout at a fast speed... I tried the graph editor but that didn't help. Yup... basic as basic gets, yet I can't get anyone to answer that simple question. Please help...

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Very Basic Animation question - Key Frame slow and fast
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 8:00:19 pm

If you want a gradual increase in speed with only 2 keyframes, you need a bezier keyframe or easy ease keyframe for the first keyframe.

Select your first keyframe and press "shift + cntl+ F9", that will create a slow ease out of the first position. If you go to graph editor you can use the handles to determine how slow it takes to ease out of the first position.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Gerald HapemanRe: Very Basic Animation question - Key Frame slow and fast
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 8:50:05 pm

Now... that was fast!!! A fast response... and highly appreciated. Yes... Even the folks at 'Adobe' wouldn't answer my question but told me to get back to basics... quite rude. So I truly appreciate you taking the time to not only answer my question, but give me EXACTLY what I requested with no mockery... Thank you very much!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]