ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Still images duration to comp duration

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick SmithStill images duration to comp duration
by on Mar 27, 2012 at 10:39:44 pm

I'm new to AE5.5 so please bare with me..
The problem. I have an audio track that lasts approx 3mins 50sec and 107 still images(jpegs) of differing dimensions that I want to add, as a sort of slide show. Is there a time-saving method of adding them, as a sequence, making each still last about 2.3 seconds, to cover the length of the audio track.

PS If this has been covered, accept my apologies and please point me in the right direction..

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Still images duration to comp duration
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 12:03:00 am

Create a new composition the length of your music track in the dimensions you need. Take all your photos and drop them into your composition. Move forward 2.3 seconds, which is about 40 frames. Press "Cntl + A" to select all your pictures, now press "Alt + ]" to set the end point for all your pictures.

And to make things really easy, go to the Animation Menu -> Keyframe Assistant -> Sequence Layers. If you select no overlap, you will cut between each picture. You can choose to dissolve also, but it will change your math a bit.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Nick SmithRe: Still images duration to comp duration
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 8:45:30 am

Hi John

Many thanks for your help. Saved me a lot of time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved