ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Blur: Some layers not blurring?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey Judkins
Motion Blur: Some layers not blurring?
on Mar 23, 2012 at 2:47:59 pm

I have motion blur checked and turned on, but some of the text layers (the numbers in the center) aren't blurring at all. I thought it might be a font issue, but when i changed it, it still wasn't blurring.

I went into the composition settings and turned up the samples per frame (these are all 3D layers), but it's still not doing anything.

Any suggestions?

Joey Judkins
Motion Graphics and Video
http://www.jjmotion.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Motion Blur: Some layers not blurring?
on Mar 23, 2012 at 2:53:42 pm

From the screen shot, it doesn't look like there's anything that requires 3D. Yet you're using 3D. Can you enlighten us why you're using it?

The reason I ask: those numbers may be in a different place in Z-space than the other layers, which would affect motion blur.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joey Judkins
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:13:01 pm

They are in the same Z-space as the "books" on the far left. I'm using a 3D camera to add interest as the text all pops into place. The camera wiggles and is keyed for the movements. I have the bg layer further back in z-space and the front text layer closer up in z-space. Trust me, it looks good in motion.

Just can't get those two number layers to blur right...

Joey Judkins
Motion Graphics and Video
http://www.jjmotion.com

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:35:25 pm

By chance are the numbers in a precomp?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:36:39 pm

is there anything different about the number layers? are they in a nested comp, or are they created differently than the other text layers?

also, is all the movement generated from the camera movement, or are the layers moving too?

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]