ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyframe interpolation via scripts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Swati Sonkar
Keyframe interpolation via scripts
on Mar 23, 2012 at 12:53:03 pm

Hi guys. .
I m new to After effects scripting, I was writing script to set keyframes. I am wondering if it is possible to modify keyframe interpolation using only scripts (not by using AE interface). . .
such as set 2 keyframes for the position property of a layer and modify the interpolation of keyframes. By default it goes at constant speed from first to second keyframe (very unrealistic/ robotic). I want it a more natural way and control the speed of the animation like speed increasing slowly at begining and pick up the pace(like we do using graph editor).
Please don't say its impossible !!
Thanks thanks Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

Declan Smith
Re: Keyframe interpolation via scripts
on Mar 23, 2012 at 1:33:05 pm

Select your keyframes and right click. Keyframe assistant and Keyframe velocity may well be what you need. Easy Ease gives a more natural entry/exit from a keyframe

Also, you can use the graph editor to alter the curves.

Declan Smith
http://www.madpanic.tv
After Effects CS5.5/ FCS3 / Canon 7D / Canon XL2 / Reason / Cubase

"it's either binary or it's not"

Return to posts index

Swati Sonkar
on Mar 23, 2012 at 5:40:33 pm

THANKS for Response. .
I want to do the same by running script. My script can create keyframes but can not change the speed right now. . . I was asking how to do the same (you told using graph editor/ select keyframe hit f9[easy ease]/ keyframe assistant etc). . . I can do it that way. . No problems. ..

• 1.I write the script using Extend script toolkit.
  • 2. Run the script.
  • 3. Script will set key frames.
  • 4. script will set speed in between.
  • 5. I'll give the script to my friends for thier use

Again I want to do it using script.

Return to posts index

Swati Sonkar
on Mar 23, 2012 at 6:02:40 pm

Okay. . I got something. .
Its in the AVLayer. . . setInterpolationTypeAtKey method takes care of the interpolation. . . with that I can set keyframe interpolation to LINEAR, BEIZERE OR HOLD. . .
But now my problem is how I set to something that we get by grabbing handles. . I need it to start very slowly at first keyframe and near the second keyframe it should be like sudden boost in speed. .

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 23, 2012 at 6:15:46 pm

I think you will find more help in the after effects expressions forum, scipting shares some of the same language I believe.

This forum is for people new to AE who encounter problems.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]