ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Simple fade in/out for multiple graphics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michelle costaSimple fade in/out for multiple graphics
by on Mar 22, 2012 at 9:08:48 pm

I am an AE beginnner (beginner is an understatement!) What I am trying to do is a simple fade in and fade out with various graphics. I tried using the animation preset behavior "Fade in+out over layer below", but the problem with that is the graphic fades IN at the beginning of the video, and doesn't fade OUT until the very end. I want the whole fade process to be around 5-10 seconds total for each graphic. Please help!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Simple fade in/out for multiple graphics
by on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:46:55 pm

As someone starting off in AE, you might want to check out this page.

But for your specific problem, try this. Starting in a new composition where you haven't applied any presets place your graphics. Press "T" to twirl down your opacity property of your top layer. Move the time indicator to where you want the layer to fade out and press the stop watch icon. Now move the time indicator to where you want the layer to be completely invisible and change the opacity from 100% to 0%. AE will automatically put a key frame at this spot now. If you select both key frames you can copy and paste them to other layers.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]