ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Weird Alpha/Rendering Wrong

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonard Wendland
Weird Alpha/Rendering Wrong
on Mar 22, 2012 at 2:15:14 am

I am using a simple PNG24 image in my composition. It looks super duper on the stage when I'm working.

But when I go to render it out (Quicktime-8bit), it looks ALL WRONG.

*see attached image for reference.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Respectfully,
Leonard Michael

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Weird Alpha/Rendering Wrong
on Mar 22, 2012 at 3:10:24 pm

It looks like you have an effect on the dots, shine/radial blur to create the backlighting but its not being rendered. Is the effect on an adjustment layer, was that inadverntly turned off or does the adjustment layer not span the length of the comp.

Also check when you render the comp in Render Settings, there is a "Effects" pulldown that will turn off all effects in the comp.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Leonard Wendland
on Mar 22, 2012 at 3:19:32 pm

I made the logo (including the dots BG) in Photoshop, saved it as a PNG24 and then imported it into AE. No effects in AE were applied to it.

I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

Respectfully,
Leonard Michael

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 22, 2012 at 3:37:44 pm

Sometimes AE can have issues with layer styles? If it's not too much trouble, can you zip the project up and post it here? I could take a quick look and see if I can find you a quick solution.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Leonard Wendland
on Mar 22, 2012 at 4:15:09 pm

I attached it to this post for your reference. Would you please delete it from this thread or would I have to do that?

I absolutely THANK YOU for taking your time to help me!!!

Respectfully,
Leonard Michael

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 22, 2012 at 4:21:18 pm

I believe after the file has been approved by management(hopefully doesn't take long), you will have to deactivate the link so as not to have people continually downloading it if you don't won't to share the file.

I can let you know when I have downloaded it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Leonard Wendland
on Mar 22, 2012 at 4:26:23 pm

Thanks Johnny! I'll be standing by...

Respectfully,
Len

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:09:00 pm

Still not seeing link to your file.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 23, 2012 at 12:15:58 am

Okay, I got it and I have it figured out. That was a little tricky, but it did boil down to a layer style. There was a white drop shadow layer style on the titles and it was filling in your dots layer with 100% white drop shadow. It's supposed to be just an edge for the logos, but since your dots were at such a low opacity it ends up looking like something is messed up with the dots. The best way I saw to fix this was to duplicate the "Main Title" layers and make one for the titles and one for the dots. Then just turn off the dots drop shadow layer style in the dots.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was why at half resolution it wasn't showing up, but at full or rendered it would, must be something with layer styles that I don't know about.

Since I wasn't doing anything, I went ahead and just fixed the entire project. Also noticed a couple of things with the text and screen reveals(screens 1 & 5 especially) where you could see the text before it was supposed to be revealed, so I fixed that too. You should be able to take the file I'm going to upload and drop it into your folder where the old .aep file resides. Open the new one and it should link to your graphics and everything should be good to go.

3891_copyofcleanscreensvhupdatedcs5.aep.zip. Also you can click on your name, go to files an deactivate the link to your files now.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Leonard Wendland
on Mar 23, 2012 at 12:39:34 am

Absolutely worked like a charm!

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Yah know, it's people like "you" that make this world a better place.

I am very appreciative of what you've done for me. You didn't have to, but you did.

May the Lord shower down a blessing on you that there's not enough room to contain it!

Again. Thank you sir!

Respectfully,
Leonard Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]