ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

mirroring an animated null-object with "layer-childs" that have expressions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jadwiga Kowalska
mirroring an animated null-object with "layer-childs" that have expressions
on Mar 20, 2012 at 7:36:31 pm

hi

I'm looking for a solution, how I can mirror a wing of a bird (top view) - one feather is animated, the other 3 are linked to it with an expression, the null-object is animated in the scale and position value. When I simply duplicate all layers and change the scale from the null-object to -100, of course the expressions don't work anymore properly. Is there a way to mirror a null-object with multiple layers which have expressions?

any suggestions?
thanks

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: mirroring an animated null-object with "layer-childs" that have expressions
on Mar 20, 2012 at 8:38:07 pm

Can you precompose the entire wing, duplicate it and flip the duplicate?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jadwiga Kowalska
Re: mirroring an animated null-object with "layer-childs" that have expressions
on Mar 20, 2012 at 9:54:51 pm

hmmm yes that's true, in this case that could work. but I was wondering if there is a way to do the mirroring without precomposing it? for example if I have an entire character with inverse kinematics (DuIK), it would be really nice if I could mirror the character with the expressions on it, without precomposing it, so that I could animate the entire scene in one composition. Do you think there's a way to do it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]