ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Greetings Light Wizards.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johann Roon SaltmanGreetings Light Wizards.
by on Mar 18, 2012 at 8:00:05 am

HI there....

I am a musician who is getting interested in video. I have composed about 150 hours for discovery. First post - long time reader... but i am indeed quite stuck

It is a tutorial exercise. i have three rotating sectors of diminishing angles wiggling in different planes as they come off of the floor.

I cant work out the shadows. I am trying to use masks. Perhaps there is another way.

First sector oFf the ground was easy. I duplicated the layer, filled it with shadow and put it on the floor and whiped the movement of it to the first sector. For the second sector i have duplicated this and filled it dark grey and feathered the edges. I shifted it +Z to the ground. Now i need to work out the masking system so that when the 1st and second sectors are superimposed, the shadow from the second is masked from the floor and lifted to the first plane. Then i need to do something trickier for the third layer as it may sometimes be superimposed over both planes. i need to find an intersect from a mask in the floor to the mask i created on the first sector? ok now i am getting confused.

If you could be so kind as to assist me with this problem,i request that you use the KISS principle in your explaination.

roon. (JOhann Roon Salzman, King Island, Tasmania)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved