ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Mac v/s windows reading png

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian BrownAfter Effects Mac v/s windows reading png
by on Mar 17, 2012 at 4:05:45 am

I have been using after effects for about 6 months now on a windows but recently purchased a mac. For some reason when I open resource files in the mac (particularly jpegs & png) they show as a multi color screen. Im still learning AE so I am assuming it has to be in the settings for those files. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to fix this?

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: After Effects Mac v/s windows reading png
by on Mar 17, 2012 at 1:36:43 pm

Hi there
----- sounds like your project cannot find the source images and is showing you colour bars.

- fairly new to AE myself but pretty sure the answer is as follows and this is certainly how I fixed it myself....

I reckon that when you load a project AE looks for the source material where it was LOCATED when the project was first built.

If the image isnt there it shows you colour bars.

... when this problem occured on a comp I was working on I tried re-importing source material and replacing dicky looking layers but without much luck ( dont know why this didnt work - thought it would ) HOWEVER I then realised the PSD file I used in the build was not on the desktop anymore ...

.... when I replaced PSD on desktop ( where it was when I built project ) everything was ok again...

If you are seeing colour bars my guess is this is the problem....

-------- anyway hope this works and good luck ----- chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved