ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Making this shape

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon AdamMaking this shape
by on May 23, 2014 at 6:01:56 am

Hi experts,

How can I make these two shape layers in After effects. Both the lower third and ticker, as well as making the curved edge on the left of the lower third.

Thank you in advanced.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Making this shape
by on May 23, 2014 at 1:27:54 pm

It's not much more complicated then manipulating the rounded rectangle tool to create the round bulges. Then creating another rounded rectangle to use as an inverted matte to cut out the half circle on the left side of the lower third. For the two shapes on the left, I duplicated the first shape, added a mask to cut off one side and rotated one 180 degrees and re-positioned it.

You would then precomp some of the shapes to use as a matte for the ticker. I made a quick mock up for you to check out---should get you started on figuring this out. 7526_lowerthird.aep.zip

You might also want to check out this link, and find the Andrew Devis tutorials on shape layers, it will make this a lot easier in the future. Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Brandon AdamRe: Making this shape
by on May 24, 2014 at 9:05:33 am

Perfect. Thanks John.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Making this shape
by on May 24, 2014 at 1:10:28 pm

Happy to help, have a great holiday.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]