ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Linear speed increase curves problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete OakLinear speed increase curves problem
by on Mar 7, 2012 at 3:46:39 pm

I cant seem to find anything useful regarding my problem.
Im going to use points as its easier to illustrate:

- Square moves from point A to B

- It takes 3 seconds

- It should start the motion with a defined speed of (ex.) 100

- After a specific part (lets say second 1.5) it should at a steady pace increase speed to 200 until the end.

I know i can use the speed graph to control this but as soon as I start moving the handles the curves kick in and I dont want that kind of increase I want a steady angle like the side of a triangle.

Is simple terms, how can I modify the curve of the speed graph for a layer property so that it is a "linear angle"?

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Will SmallRe: Linear speed increase curves problem
by on Nov 2, 2014 at 11:57:48 am

Hello everyone,

I realize this post is two and a half years old, but I have the exact same problem as Pete Oak and I have tried figuring it out futilely for too long. Any help would be immensely appreciated. I haven't found any useful information about this on google despite searching a lot.

I am trying to edit the speed graph of the time remapping function for an animation of mine, so that the speed increases in a linear fashion. The way the curves of the speed graph move when I adjust the keyframes is incredibly counter-intuitive and frustrating, as the curve (if it even can be considered as such, as it is just a straight line) I am trying to achieve seems to me like a very banal one.

Out of resignation I have even constructed a 24 frame long linear speed increase manually, by calculating the position of each keyframe and moving each into the correct position. Now I need the same curve for a 7 second long segment - There must be an easier way of doing this, mustn't there?

If anyone has any ideas or advice on this I would be very grateful indeed.

Thanks a bunch,

Return to posts index

Pete OakRe: Linear speed increase curves problem
by on Nov 3, 2014 at 8:02:13 pm

Hi there.

I don't even remember what I wanted to do back then or what I did instead since I still cant do a linear increase in speed.

I did a quick search on the web right now to no avail. If you did find a way to this please let us know. Anyway I found this which should help but didn't:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved