ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

pixelated text only with certain letters of a font

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joachim Fergusonpixelated text only with certain letters of a font
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 6:57:56 pm

I'm relatively new to AE and have run into a head scratching problem with fonts. The web promotional video I'm working on for a company is HD 1920x1080 in size, and, for some reason, when I type a word in any font, some of the letters have pixelated edges and others do not. For instance, the word "WHAT" has a jagged "W" and "A" but smooth "H" and "T." This strange glitch occurs at any view(fit, 50%, 100%, etc.) and at full resolution. The toggle pixel aspect ratio correction does nothing because the comp is a graphic intro with square pixels. I just tried a completely new comp and the text, no matter, size or any other character settings, is doing the same thing. So great, this is occurring to any comp created in AE CS4. I uploaded a simple youtube video with the word "WHAT" against a black background and the "W" and "A" look okay in 1080 Full screen but not as smooth as the "H" and "T." Furthermore, when the screen size is reduced to medium or small 1080, the letters, "W" and "A" get really pixelated and jagged around the edges. HELP ME!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved