ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After effects stuck

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marko SekulicAfter effects stuck
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 6:31:19 pm

Hi guys,i started to use AE before couple days and i'm following different tutorials to learn staffs and it's going good so far.But now i'm stack.

I have created new composition,added text,duplicated it 25 times,added some effects and everything is good.Then i have created 1 more composition (composition 2) and moved composition 1 into comp.2,added some more effects and everything is perfect.Now i want to create 3rd composition,with copying text layers from comp1 and edit text.

So in first comp there was name ALFA,on second comp i added some fire etc (not important that much coz it affect to whole video not text) and now i need 3rd composition to continue on 2nd one but i want to change text.Instead of ALFA to says BETA.

Here what i did and what happened,i have created comp 3 ,copied 25 text layers from comp1 (where text is edited) to comp3.All layers are named text,text1,text2....text25...So now i have them on comp3,i adjust times from where comp to start and everything works fine.Now when i try to change text in comp3 to says BETA instead of ALFA (i sellect all layers and double click on layers in comp3,and text window open where is 3 layers of ALFA text) and i change each of them to BETA but it changes to BETA in comp1 and 2 also

So basically i want to that text effects from comp1 to copy to comp3 and just to change text from ALFA to BETA.Want to avoid new creating text BETA and to adjust all that settings and effects over again.

So i says once more,everything works ok when i copy,adjust timings but when try to change text in comp3 it changes in comp1 and 2 also.Or i'm not changing it correctly...

Thanks for help in advance

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: After effects stuck
by on Mar 9, 2012 at 2:46:39 pm

You need to Duplicate the Comp with text, other wise it sounds like you just have the same Comp with just a different name. In the Project window select your Comp and hit the Command and D keys to duplicate it. Then you will have two different text comps. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved