ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE cuts my illustrator file in half when imported

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Judy Wium
AE cuts my illustrator file in half when imported
on Mar 1, 2012 at 1:14:41 am

Hi all,

I am new to after effects and illustrator and currently training on a CS3 package.
I am importing an illustrator file as a composition with 4 layers into after effects. But when it comes into after effects it is cut in half, so only the top half of the image is there.

Why does this happen? And how can I avoid that?

Thanks,
Judy

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE cuts my illustrator file in half when imported
on Mar 1, 2012 at 3:39:19 pm

If you Imported the Illustrator document as a comp using the layer size, try it with the document size. Still no good? I recommend going back to Illustrator to examine the document's settings.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Judy Wium
on Mar 1, 2012 at 7:50:31 pm

I have tried every import method I can. As footage, comp and comp with layers. Using document size and layer size. Still it does this. When I save it as eps file from illustrator the whole image imports to after effects, but not when I save it as an ai file.

It seems like it just hides the rest of the image. But I have tried scaling up and down and moving the layers around. Nothing comes. The image is really cut in half.

I have attached a screendump of how it looks in AE. Take a look and tell me what you think I should do..

Many many thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul Roper
on Mar 2, 2012 at 9:17:10 pm

Forgive me for stating the obvious - but I assume the whole image is on the artboard in Illustrator? Anything not on the artboard will be ignored by After Effects. And I also assume it's RGB not CMYK. After Effects does not like CMYK.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]