ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

texts are not best rendered

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samya Chattopadhyaytexts are not best rendered
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 7:23:33 pm

Hi guyes...

I have a problem...may sound funny to you..please don't laugh..I am a newbie to AE(CS4).

I have simple text layers with mask on each one of them...idea is to reveal each letter (by keyframing mask path) to give a feel of letters beings typed.
Gone fine in AE...rendered to tga seq with alpha (comp in 8 bpc) and imported in Avid MC (both AE and Avid project setting same..PAL 720X576).

But when laid over a video layer underneath, it is not giving the best result (no prob with alpha). The text are not sharp, crisp and crystal clear and seem to be...kind of bleeding.
Font used...Lucida bright/ console...harmless...i guess!
I tried it with 32bpc and tiff seq but yielded no different.

What could be the possible solution...can anybody suggest?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: texts are not best rendered
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 8:26:05 pm

Your problem would appear to be the wrong type of alpha channel. I suspect you chose Premultiplied in your output module. If you select Straight instead, I think the problem will go away.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Samya ChattopadhyayRe: texts are not best rendered
by on Mar 1, 2012 at 6:12:45 pm hasn't worked...I tried.

point seems to be bleeding in the Avid time line but..does become finer in the Quictime movie (such was the case earlier too).

Long back I did a text work in AE CS4 that went fine even in the Avid time line i.e. sharp, clear and crisp. Unfortunately, I forgot the output module and as you know once rendered the modules can't be reopened.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved