ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

after effect film to DVD

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
catherine sulzmannafter effect film to DVD
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 11:46:28 am

Hi all,
I've made an after effect film and rendered it out in all sorts of different formats and used Adobe Media Encoder to render and compress as well. It all looks great, but now I want to put it on a DVD to play on a DVD player. And this is where I got stuck! There seems like millions of programs at all different prices to convert to different formats and burn to DVD - my head is exploding with reading all about them - so I thought I'd stop in at Creative cow and ask as you have always been so very helpful in the past.
So my questions are:
How do I get my after effect comp to a DVD?
What format should I render in - in either after effects or Adobe Media Encoder.
What programs do I need?

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: after effect film to DVD
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 3:18:39 pm

You are right, there many ways to do this. If you have the CS5 Creative Suite though, this isn't so difficult because you will have access to Adobe Encore. If you do then you are mostly done. So that's the first question, do you have Encore?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: after effect film to DVD
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 7:38:36 pm

I don't have anything important to add to Johnny's comments, except this:

When you make a DVD for a DVD player, it has to go through a very specific process called Authoring. The technical standards for authored DVDs call for very specific file types, specific types of file encoding, specific resolutions and frame rates, with nomenclature, specific locations in folder for files, yadda yadda yadda.

DVD authoring software takes care of this, and makes the process less confusing. Adobe Encore is one such application. Apple's DVD Studio Pro is another. Roxio's Toast is a third. They all have different strengths and weaknesses, but they all get the job done.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved