ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Slow motion and time remapping work-flows - AE or Premiere? or both?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ori KuperSlow motion and time remapping work-flows - AE or Premiere? or both?
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:21:10 am

I've looked in other post, and did find some info about HOW to use AE for slow-motion or time remapping. But i think i'm missing something in the work-flow itself. From what i've read, AE has more graphic power, and therefore should be used for effects of post, color corrections etc. Also i got the impression that because of this graphic power, AE can handle better the tasks of slow motion and time remapping (pixel motion ability for example). Is that right? I'm trying to figure out what should be my workflow with anything that is involved with slow motion and/or time remapping; premiere ? EA? Interpret or slow-mo or just time warp? Or all the above?
Part of the reason for me re-considering my work flow - i'm now starting to use some 60 fps (progressive yet still 60 fps) materials from my go-pro camera. They are progressive so other than interpret to 30 and then maybe some more slow-mo or remap or warp - i don't have too much, but those materials do give me some more 'slow-mo' to work with than i had until now. I comfortable editing with premiere, and until now i was always cutting and slow mo-ing or remapping in premiere as well, and only at the end sending the final sequence to AE for colors/titles...
should it be like that? or should i send / copy specific time manipulating shots to AE and then back to the timeline in premiere? and since stuff can be only linked in one direction - which direction should be linked? i'd like to hear how you deal with that type of stuff / shots. any info would help.
Thanks! Ori.

p.s. posting this also in the premiere - general forum.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Slow motion and time remapping work-flows - AE or Premiere? or both?
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:22:35 am

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved