ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Camera's active position not relative to custom view

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Camera's active position not relative to custom view
on Feb 27, 2012 at 11:06:51 am

I'm trying to get my head around 3D camera rigs. For the most part i'm doing OK and achieving what I want, but for some reason when I change some parameters later in the composition that are key framed, it mucks with the earlier key framed transitions.

Now, AE being logical and all, I thought that it was because that I had adjusted one of the non key framed values and thus mucked up my other camera moves, but I'll be damned if I can find any values that have changed!

Anyway, the main thrust of this post is trying to understand custom view 1 and the active camera view. See pic. In my mind, the camera should not even be seeing the text at the angle it is at? I guess it's just a case of getting used to how the rig works together - and by rig I mean Camera parented to an Null.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Camera's active position not relative to custom view
on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:47:32 pm

May we assume that the layers that are supposed to be 3D really are 3D? The screen shot doesn't show the switches.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Feb 27, 2012 at 8:10:51 pm

Hi,

Sorry, another pic here. Most of the time when I scrub the timeline it all looks fine, just on occasion I cannot for the life of me figure out why the custom 1 view is showing the camera looking off somewhere else where the active camera view has the text in view.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Mar 2, 2012 at 12:35:58 pm

Your active camera looks to have a very wide angle. The camera viewing frustrum that you see in the Custom View gives a sense of that. The frustrum does not, however, extend out to infinity as the camera's view actually would. Try rotating around a bit in the Custom View to get a better sense of where your camera is pointed. You can do this with any of the camera tools (the unified camera tool works nicely) by using them in the Custom View pane.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]