ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Nahroniak
Exporting Question
on Feb 23, 2012 at 8:36:35 pm

Hey all,
I have been trying to figure this out all day and I can't. Hopefully you talented people can help. Below are screen shots of my project and export. I am trying to export this animation where the "Everyday Health" and "In partnership with American Health Journal" fly together on screen. The animation looks great in AE but when I render it out and view it as a QT all I see are the "In partnership with American Health Journal" and the seeds logo. Everything else is black.

I tried turning on and off transparency and it does nothing for the export. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Exporting Question
on Feb 23, 2012 at 8:49:08 pm

You apparently rendered an animation with an alpha channel, then opened it in.... Quicktime, it appears.
Quicktime's viewer can't display alpha channels. It will show a solid background.

So what color IS transparency?

I predict that when you look at it in the next application to use the animation, things will be fine. If you don't have that particular application, import the animation back into AE for a quick double-check.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stephen Nahroniak
on Feb 23, 2012 at 9:20:30 pm

When toggling Transparency on/off it goes from grid to black. I re-imported the QuickTime back into AE and this is what I see. Same as what I saw in the Quicktime.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 23, 2012 at 9:47:26 pm

You didn't use a codec that supports alpha channels. Quicktime's PNG and Animation codecs do. If you have FCP 7 running on your AE machine, you can also use ProRes 4444.

Long story short: AE Render Queue... Output Module Settings... Quicktime... desired codec.... RGB+Alpha... Millions (peerhaps Tillions) of Colors +... Straight (not Premltiplied).

Just work your way through the process.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]