ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Titles for Montage Question?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew SteindlTitles for Montage Question?
by on Feb 21, 2012 at 11:28:04 pm

Ok so I am making this montage and wanted to created some basic titles for it... I came across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLWxi6hjahw...ture=plpp_video and like how the titles are flashy yet pretty basic... But I am unsure how exactly they created these. If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction maybe with a tutorial that would be great thanks! (The montage is all finished so I am waiting on some help with these titles)

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Titles for Montage Question?
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:08:32 pm

Can you just give a link to the video. As a new ID here, it might be awhile before you can just upload videos.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Matthew SteindlRe: Titles for Montage Question?
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 3:01:53 pm

Ok here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLWxi6hjahw I am just looking for a tutorial or explanation on how to create the the very first title in this video. Thanks!

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2012 at 4:14:57 pm

If you stop at different times, you will see that those are actually shots of different images. Someone painted that title multipe times with different color paint. Also note that the titles were painted on grey paper, which under certain tranfer modes in AE will completely disappear.

This isn't exactly how I would do this, but if you are just learning AE this will probably be the easiest method. Create a title in AE and duplicate 15 times. Turn off all the layers except one. Position, scale and rotate the layer(perhaps change the color). Now do this for all the other layers(slight changes in size, position rotation). When you are finished move 1 or 2 frames forward - and trim all layer out point "alt + ]".

Finally, under animation tab select -> Keyframe Assistant -> Sequence Layers without an any overlap. A couple of times you may want to drag the in or out point to overlap the other layers so the title is on screen multiple times.

One last thing, you may want to play with transfer modes of the different text on the layers when you overlap the time, it will give you some nice blends when you have different colors and the text overlaps.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Matthew SteindlRe: Titles for Montage Question?
by on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:41:00 am

Ok so I got through the first step of creating a bunch of layers and having them quickly play one after another but I dont understand the last 2 steps I am obviously pretty new to after effects... I don't get

"Finally, under animation tab select -> Keyframe Assistant -> Sequence Layers without an any overlap. A couple of times you may want to drag the in or out point to overlap the other layers so the title is on screen multiple times."

"One last thing, you may want to play with transfer modes of the different text on the layers when you overlap the time, it will give you some nice blends when you have different colors and the text overlaps."

When I do the sequence layers without an any overlap it just slides all the frames farther into my sequence... For example instead of starting at 1second the clips slide over and start at 10seconds? I dont get it.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 23, 2012 at 2:13:54 pm

After you have made all your layers 1 or 2 frames long, you want them to play, one after another. So you select all the layers and use the keyframe assistant to sequence them 1 after another. You can do this step manually if you want, just dragging the layers individually and moving them along the timeline, using the keyframe asst. is just quicker.

If you are having problem with the keyframe asst, just do it manually.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]