ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Setting up and rendering extremely high resolution projects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lars PelsSetting up and rendering extremely high resolution projects
by on Feb 20, 2012 at 1:26:02 pm

I work at a dutch company that works on video projects for exhibitions, musea and other audiovisual experiences.

Some of the projects we do are panoramic 360 degrees experiences which makes or projects resolutions really high. For example I am currently working on a project where the resolution is 15600 pixels wide and 4000 pixels high. Of course rendering these kind of projects can get quite time consuming. Even when we prerender certain parts. Final output for this project is a tiffsequence at full resolution that gets split up into seperate parts afterwards.

To get the most out of our computers I'd like to find out if it's possible to create a Renderfarm for after effects.

We have a gibabit network, 6 intel macs with ram from 10 to 26 gb and each computer has two harddrives.

Also what footage does After Effects like and dislike? We often convert our video's to Apple 422 prores (hq) and Tiff-sequences but sometimes some other pieces of footage often get into the projects as well.

If there is more information needed for answering my question please let me know.

Return to posts index

Eric Mc GuireRe: Setting up and rendering extremely high resolution projects
by on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:33:56 pm

I know this project is probably over but I'll reply anyway...

With super high res you can use proxies for your footage like in this Video Copilot tutorial:

As for the renderfarm, since After Effects CS5.5 you need as many licenses as the machines you want AE installed on. And then you can launch renders over your network. Adobe claims it is because all the third party vendors were complaining about licensing, but I bet this complain was well received by John Adobe hahaha.

So now since CS5.5 it means you have to buy multiple AE licenses (no render licenses yet pfff) AND multiple plugins licenses (trapcode, etc).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved