ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Basic Settings and Add-Ons

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff RoughfaceBasic Settings and Add-Ons
by on Feb 12, 2012 at 6:10:51 pm

AE CS4 here. Recently been using the program, haven't touched any of the settings and now a few of them are off/acting differently.

When I have an image in my workspace and I'm trying to transform it's size it doesn't give me the option of grabbing one of the corners of the image and making it any bigger. The only thing I've been able to do is use the Transform effect and then just guess around until it's about the size I want it. Find all of that out when I was in a time crunch for a project and had to do it all on the fly.

Second thing, I want to add some effects to my arsenal and know it's doable, but what's a good package of free effects? Would love to buy some of the more expensive add-ons, but being a student it's just not in the cards at the moment.

Appreciate all the help in advance.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Basic Settings and Add-Ons
by on Feb 13, 2012 at 3:30:26 pm

In the comp window in the upper right corner is a pulldown, open that and go to "view options" and check and make sure your layer controls and handles are both checked.

ETA: To show or hide layer controls in a view, choose View > Show Layer Controls, or press Ctrl+Shift+H (Windows) or Command+Shift+H (Mac OS). This command also shows or hides the 3D reference axes.

As far as plugins, redgiant.com will allows trial versions of all the plugins and offers student pricing...great free ones...there really aren't too many of those.

Red Giant Student Pricing

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]