ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

I'm having so much trouble

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan GibsonI'm having so much trouble
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 4:34:40 am

I'm animating still photos for a video project.

I've imported a scanned letter, blown it up with Continuous Rasterization and animated it. It renders just fine at 60 fps. Wonderfully smooth.

I upload it to YouTube and it turns into this:

The stuttering is horrible. Since YouTube converts footage down to 30fps, I tried exporting it to that. Nope. Didn't work. Still stutters.

Originally uploaded ProRes422, but found out that high quality like that can cause stuttering due to low network speeds.

So I tried it in Quicktime H.264 and also MPEG4 at 10,000 Kbps. Nada. Even tried adding motion blur. Nothing's helping.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: I'm having so much trouble
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 3:53:51 pm

You might want to look at YouTube's delivery specs and match them.

I have a slow connection, and nothing plays in real time. This is horizontal motion, and you could be seeing a phenomenon called Judder, a combination of motion and frame rate. There's not much you can do about it except change the speed of the motion or the frame rate; higher is smoother.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: I'm having so much trouble
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 4:54:18 pm

Yea, it's judder.
You need to slow it down, or at least vary the speed, maybe add in a little rotation on the Z axis (like the camera is rolling back and forth a bit), and you should probably add motion blur.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: I'm having so much trouble
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:22:46 pm

More on judder here:

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved