ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how do you get CC particle world to emit when rotating it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Karlhow do you get CC particle world to emit when rotating it?
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 6:27:28 pm

I am trying to make an animation that i thought would be simple,

i created a solid put the cc particle world effect on it, set the particles to a small size with no gravity
and then have them live for a few seconds, so it should look, like a streak when it moves.

I then created a null object and parented the solid to it

On the null i offset one anchor point by 300 then animated the rotation, so it appears to be orbiting. but the problem is no particles are emitting when i am doing the rotation.

is there something i need to add? or is there a better way to handle this?

thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: how do you get CC particle world to emit when rotating it?
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:36:09 pm

Is the emitter set to create enough particles?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jason KarlRe: how do you get CC particle world to emit when rotating it?
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:45:34 pm

i think so, if i just have the particle slide around in 2d on the screen with out the null it emits fine, its when i go 3d and animate using the rotation on the offset anchor point it no longer emits

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: how do you get CC particle world to emit when rotating it?
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 8:50:54 pm

Can you save the project(minus assets) and upload it here. I'll take a look at it and see if I notice anything out of the ordinary.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 8, 2012 at 2:48:05 pm

I uploaded the project last night but it seems it never got approved to be posted?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 8, 2012 at 3:21:52 pm

Here's the links to the files

3650_orblinesrotate.aep.zip

3648_orblines.aep.zip

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: how do you get CC particle world to emit when rotating it?
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 5:56:08 pm

I see what you are trying to do, but there are some issues. First your particles are being emmitted offscreen. Add CC particle world to a blank solid and type in the positions your expressions are delivering(Layer 3) X=-.32, Y=-.38, Z=-.56---it's offscreen.

Second your expression isn't moving anything. The layer "Point" has a stationary position...yes it's being rotated by the null, but when the expression reads it's position it reads where it's been placed, not where it's moving by the null, so you won't get any circles, just points.

Create a text layer by "cntl+alt+shift+t", Alt+click the text layers source and copy and paste any of your expressions there. It will display the expression results and you can see your expressions are not moving.

If I weren't so swamped today, I'd spend a bit more time trying to work on this, but now you might have a starting place to what needs to be corrected. Perhaps if you link your project in the expressions forum and explain what you are trying to do, they will be able to offer you some solutions.

One final note, you probably should save things in the Legacy 5.0 mode rather than 5.5, everybody hasn't upgraded yet.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 8, 2012 at 6:28:00 pm

Thanks for taking a look at the project and offering your thoughts, I was noticing the particles were not moving with the rotation but did not understand why,

i will start a thread in the expressions area.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]