ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is After Effects my best option for bringing simple animation to scanned in line drawn figures?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham HigginsIs After Effects my best option for bringing simple animation to scanned in line drawn figures?
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 6:01:47 pm

Hi all

I'm new to After Effects so I hope this isn't too obvious a question.

I'm developing some prototype citizen video guides for the UK government. Please see my first versions here http://youtu.be/M9uYNruupuI

These have been done so far by photographing pen on paper illustrations. I have then brought these into Final Cut and used keyframes to add zooms and pans to give them movement.

So far the feedback has been very positive, but I want to introduce real animation into some of the images - for example, having a car move left to right while the road beneath it remains static.

I have access to After Effects, Flash and Apple Motion, and I'm wondering which would be best to use for this? I've also come across Toon Boom Studio, DigiCel FlipBook, Crazy Talk Animator

I want to play with the style of the videos so I'm looking for the option that will best let me grow these prototypes and experiment - but that doesn't have too steep a learning curve. I need to have a model that means I can edit/animate the videos quickly but add some clever moves that will give them that bit more dynamism.

Can any of you kind people give me the benefit of your experience on this?

many thanks

Graham (posting from London UK)

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Is After Effects my best option for bringing simple animation to scanned in line drawn figures?
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:51:36 pm

After Effects would be able to do this very well. However, there is a learning curve to it. You can't just jump right in and start working or you will get frustrated fairly quickly. To learn AE, I'd suggest starting here: [link]

Flash and some of the other software you mention would also work with varying levels of difficulty.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Graham HigginsRe: Is After Effects my best option for bringing simple animation to scanned in line drawn figures?
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:50:34 am

thanks for the link Michael, just what I need to get started

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]