ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering Alpha Channel in .FLV, and Motion Blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer Tycksen
Rendering Alpha Channel in .FLV, and Motion Blur
on Feb 3, 2012 at 2:12:29 pm

Two questions:

Will motion blur be rendered out if have checked the motion blur box on certain layers, but have not clicked the "enable motion blur" button at the top?

I need to export an alpha channel as a .flv. When I select FLV, the option to select RGB + Alpha becomes grayed out. How do I do this?

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
Re: Rendering Alpha Channel in .FLV, and Motion Blur
on Feb 3, 2012 at 4:30:52 pm

"Will motion blur be rendered out if have checked the motion blur box on certain layers, but have not clicked the "enable motion blur" button at the top?

YES

I need to export an alpha channel as a .flv. When I select FLV, the option to select RGB + Alpha becomes grayed out. How do I do this?"

I have an Output Module preset called "FLC with Alpha" (AE CS 5.0, OS X). Can you find that in the Output Module presets (the drop-down box)?

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Spencer Tycksen
Re: Rendering Alpha Channel in .FLV, and Motion Blur
on Feb 3, 2012 at 5:32:14 pm

Ben, thank you for your response. Through some trial and error I was able to figure out my problem. With the output module window pulled up, I clicked on format options in the video section. Under Basic Video Settings, I needed to check "Encode Alpha Channel." That enabled me to select RGB + Alpha on the main window.

Thanks for answering my question about motion blur.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]