ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Looking for a tutorial of a scary intro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugo SoaresLooking for a tutorial of a scary intro
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 8:58:20 am

Hello my name is Hugo Soares and I'm 17.

I'd like to know if is there any intro tutorial like this : white background, black smoke appears and leaves a title, black smoke appears again and leaves with the slogan.
Something like that scary... slowly.

PS : I'm very beginner -_-
PS2: And please, why, when I try to save something in AVI in After Effects of like 3 minutes, why it comes with 5GB or more? D:

Thank you.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Looking for a tutorial of a scary intro
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:04:13 pm

As a beginner, you should start here

I highly recommend the video copilot series and Angie Taylors videos.

There are also 2 entire basics series for AE, HERE at the Cow

AE FAQ: Why is my output file huge?? The short answer though is After Effects renders files to uncompressed "AVI's". If you want to compress your files AE can do it, but it's not the best tool. The general work formula is to take that uncompressed file to media encoder where it can do a much better compression job.

Here's a from VideoCopilot that shows one of creating the smoke/wipe you are trying to achieve, but it's may be a bit advanced. If you to a google search for "create smoke after effects" you will find a lot of different recipes for creating smoke(there are a ton)

Good Luck

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved