ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Applying render output settings to multiple clips

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer TycksenApplying render output settings to multiple clips
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 8:20:07 pm

How to you apply render settings to several clips in your render queue at once?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Applying render output settings to multiple clips
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 9:02:54 pm

After you have the in the render you queue, "Cntl+A" will select all the comps and you can change your render settings(Best, DV, Draft).

To change the output module select the title "Output Module:" now and now go the last one you want to render with the same settings and while holding down "shift" select "Output Module:" Now you can use the pulldown to change all the output modules of the selected comps.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: #AfterEffects - Applying render output settings to multiple clips
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 8:56:56 am

It's also worth taking time to create Templates for your Render settings and Output modules. When you make a template it will appear in the selection drop down menu, making it easy to apply it to multiple items in the Render Queue. You can also choose it as a default render setting so that you don't need to change it every time.

In terms of Output modules, many people don't realise that you can add multiple Output modules to a single render que item. This means you can render a movie once, then format it for several different outputs, avoiding re-rendering it every time. Saves tons of time.

To do this, select the item in the Render Queue and choose Composition > Add Output Module. Adjust the settings as required.

BTW, you can move Templates to other machines, very handy if you are a freelancer like me, working on different jobs and different systems.

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved