ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Photoshop document not importing in layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi BoosePhotoshop document not importing in layers
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 6:16:07 am

Hi. I have imported multilayered Photoshop documents into Aftereffects before and they worked fine, but someone sent me one with 5 layers and no matter how many times i try importing it, it only comes over as one flattened layer.
I select to import it as a composition and it does import as a composition but when I open the composition there is only 1 layer there! ( I also made sure all the layers in the Photoshop file were on ((eyeballs)))

Any Ideas before I lose my mind before I can even get started with the Aftereffects part of this job?!

Thanks!

File not found - Bad serial number - the problem could be this, that or the other...

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Photoshop document not importing in layers
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 12:36:01 pm

Offhand, no idea why it's not working, but you can upload the file here and I'll take a quick look at it and see if I notice anything strange.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

TImi BooseRe: Photoshop document not importing in layers
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 4:23:11 pm

Thanks for the answers everyone! it turns out the Photoshop document was in CMYK . It worked perfectly fine after I changed it to RGB.

File not found - Bad serial number - the problem could be this, that or the other...

Return to posts index

Krystal SchultheissRe: Photoshop document not importing in layers
by on Nov 4, 2013 at 12:25:44 am

thanks for that, that was killing me!

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: #AfterEffects Photoshop document not importing in layers
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 2:13:35 pm

Hi there,

The file may have been corrupted so try opening it in PS and resaving it as a copy.

If this doesn't work, check that you don't have the "Import as Sequence" option ticked in the AE Import dialog box. That can screw things up and it's not obvious to spot. Has caught me out a few times! ;-)

cheers,

Angie

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices

http://www.angietaylor.co.uk
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angie-Taylor/118378194869002

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: #AfterEffects Photoshop document not importing in layers
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 3:03:57 pm

Also make sure the color mode in Photoshop is RBG, not CMYK or some other odd color mode.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]