ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Change color OR Change to color?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rowby GorenChange color OR Change to color?
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 3:20:52 pm

Using After Effects CS5 windows.

I am trying to change this white area to a color more matching the surrounding blue clothing.

Am not sure what would be the best tool to do this

"Change to Color" or "Change Color"

Change Color doesn't seem to have a place to change the color TO. At least I don't see a color picker to change the color to.... And I don't see a slider that will let me choose a color to change it too. (I'm sure it's staring at me in the face.)

In Change to Color, even though I use the eye dropper on the white area, and select the blue of the clothing as its replacement, I can't get just the white area to change to blue. (I even tried changing it to red, without any luck.)

Is it because white is harder to change to a color than just changing a "real" color (I see these Youtube tutorials about changing red roses to blue roses and it seems to work fine in the tutorials. But I'm having no luck with this white area.

Any suggestions?

Visit the Rowby Fan Club at

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Change color OR Change to color?
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 4:43:18 pm

Is that a square video insert where you want the surrounding bkg to change color?

If that is the case, create a solid "cntl + y" of the color you want and place it below your video layer. Now just use a mask on your video layer to cut out the white you want removed.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved