ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE error message:" Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edwin King
AE error message:" Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"
on Jan 29, 2012 at 9:29:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I have an issue when I try to render out my 18 second video. It starts out fine and then I get this error message:

After Effects error: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.(512)(25 :: 60)

My PC has 3gigs of memory, 350 gig internal HD and I have it setup to render out to an external hard drive thats 1.5 TB, so I doubt its a size problem. Ive tried rendering out in pieces but I still get this message and I dont know what else to do, Can anyone please offer some advice to point me in the right direction?

Edwin

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: AE error message:" Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"
on Jan 30, 2012 at 2:26:58 pm

What version of AE? What operating system? What is the file formatting structure of the hard drive? How is the hard drive connected? What file format and codec are you attempting to render as? What kind of processor do you have? What sort of assets are in your composition? What size is your composition?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Edwin King
Re: AE error message:" Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"
on Jan 30, 2012 at 6:36:25 pm

Oh Im sorry here are those details:

AE CS4 version
running on windows 7 operating system
Trying to export as FLV or video for windows (uncompressed)
Comp size 1080 x 720
added Lens flare effect
external drive connected by usb
Processor Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Duo cpu E7400@ 2.80GHz

Thank you for responding

Edwin

Return to posts index

Edwin King
on Jan 30, 2012 at 6:53:21 pm

Forgot to mention the file format is Targa

Edwin

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 30, 2012 at 8:23:46 pm

You're really low on memory. 3 Gigs is just enough to keep the OS and AE going along with other open applications. You can't use multiprocessing. There's just no way. So turn it off.

I'd also turn off Open GL acceleration for rendering. Pretend it doesn't exist. Adobe employees don't use it when they render and you shouldn't, either.

I never deal with Flash, so I can't speak about it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Edwin King
on Jan 30, 2012 at 8:46:43 pm

Thank you for the help.

Sorry for my ignorance, I dont have much experience with After effects. Not sure if I have Open GL turned on, will check..but If its off then it should it process the render?

Also, what do you mean by multiprocessing?

Thanks again for your assistance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 30, 2012 at 9:45:44 pm

You'll find both things to turn off in AE's Preferences settings. Multiprocessing is also called, "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously". Now you know why people shorten it to multiprocessing.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Edwin King
on Jan 30, 2012 at 9:57:06 pm

Your last thread actually solved the problem I was having.
It renders fine now...thank god, I thought I was going to have to get another software package to finish my small project.

You sir are a blessing,Thanks again for your help.

Edwin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]