ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

smooth up the movement of a footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Creetee
smooth up the movement of a footage
on Jan 26, 2012 at 4:37:26 pm

I shot a 10 secs footage of a landscape with a panning movement. I am trying to showcase blocks of buildings as a panoramic city view. However, the movement was not smooth and consistent enough while shooting and you can feel slowing down and speeding up when I review the footage. Is that a way to motion tracking the footage and make the movement look smooth?
What I did is just putting a tripod and panning a camera around toward a city.I really appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: smooth up the movement of a footage
on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:51:08 pm

You now know the shot you REALLY want, and you know what you did wrong the first time, so why not go for the real deal? Consider your first shoot as a practice.

You'll be a lot happier -- both with the amount of work you'll avoid and with the final result -- if you reshoot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 26, 2012 at 7:21:41 pm

However, if reshooting is out of the question, just stabilize your shot (if you're using CS5.5, these instructions are for using the legacy stabilizer).

Start up the motion tracker/stabilizer set it to stabilize the shot.
Track a good point for as long as you can. Then alt-drag to a new point and track for as long as it works, then alt-drag, etc. etc.
Once you finish that, apply it.
Then just animate the move you want. You will have to scale it up a bit to compensate for the stabilization.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jason Creetee
on Jan 28, 2012 at 2:58:42 pm

You are the man!Saved my flight back to the west coast!

Return to posts index

Jason Creetee
on Jan 28, 2012 at 4:28:33 pm

Thank Michael,

I tried the stabilize motion and track motion. The situation now is the movie is panning in a horizontal plane and the movie needs to "speed up" a little bit sometimes and needs to " slow down" a little bit sometimes in order to make the panning look smooth and professional. Is there any setting in the motion tracking panel? thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 30, 2012 at 2:13:49 pm

Are you talking about the speed at which the footage plays back or the apparent speed of the camera move?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jan 28, 2012 at 1:21:15 am

if you set the final output comp(it was 23.976 in my example) to the same fps as the rest of the comps(29.97), it will smooth out your pan.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4gbid2d11877b1p

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]