ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

[AE CS4] Best resolution for very large screen broadcasting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Halimi
[AE CS4] Best resolution for very large screen broadcasting
on Jan 24, 2012 at 4:01:28 pm

Hello,

I have a demo for the Chinese New Year to make, which will be projected (overhead projector linked to a laptop) on a wall of 30 x 10meters! I started for 2 days on AE, and I suddenly wondered if I will not have excessive blur effects with insufficient resolution.

The video will last about 1 hour with a count-down, including the effect of "lightning" to be played continuously. In the final seconds, there will be lighting effects of Knoll Light Factory for the transition to the new year. I precise that there will not be JPG image and everything will be created in AE. Is a resolution of 720x560 enough?

Finally, the question of rendermode is a science in AE too, and I only have a 80 GB external HDD for the export of the final film. So what are the render settings needed with all these constraints to get the best possible result?

Thank you in advance

Zabriskie

(Sorry for my poor english...)

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: [AE CS4] Best resolution for very large screen broadcasting
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:53:39 pm

What sort of image size you use will depend greatly on your method of playback. How are you playing this video?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael Halimi
on Jan 25, 2012 at 2:56:40 pm

I will use vectorial image, and some lights effects, all created directly on AE. This video will be projected from a laptop to a big and large wall...

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 25, 2012 at 3:40:56 pm

If you want the sharpest image possible, make your composition size equal to the resolution of the projector.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]