ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Few basic questions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Wee
Few basic questions
on Jan 24, 2012 at 5:39:15 am

Hi,

I've got a few basic questions I hope to get some advice on.

1) In

video, at 0:43 the words 'Only in Battlefield 3' transits in with sort of a distort/flickering effect (I got no idea what's it called exactly so I couldn't find any relevant tutorials). How is that done? At 0:47 is transits to another 'scene' with a similar kind of effect.

2) Are there any good compressors to render out my video? With lossless, I'm at a hefty 1GB+ size. My current frame rate is at 25 (which I really wish not to change it). However, I need to have it rendered in AVI, with the audio of at least 16kHz, 16bit, stereo and most importantly, under 50MB.

I have a video file converter (Prism) if it is of any help, or is there's any other better file converters to suit those specifications, I would appreciate it.

Thanks and cheers!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Few basic questions
on Jan 24, 2012 at 1:13:47 pm

The fastest way to create those transitions, pay 29.99 and get the Bad TV plugin from AEScripts.

But if you prefer to work it out yourself, I made a quick project showing a few techniques that might help you out. 3575_battlefieldtext.aep.zip

Create your text and add:

Transition > Block Dissolve. Set the block with set to 1000 to generate the lines and animation the transition value from 100% to 0.

Color Correcttion > Set Channel. Duplicate the layer 3 times and set each instance to a different color channel(RGB), then set the tranfer modes of each layer to Add.

Created some hold keyframes and just moved the postion around real quick over 4 frames and add some masks that subtracted different parts of the layer.

Finally I added an adjustment layer to the entire thing and used Turbulent Displace, changed my displacement to "Horizontal Displace" and used a high amount and size.

Good luck with your project.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Juan Wee
on Jan 25, 2012 at 3:09:08 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply and advice. Was really helpful! In fact, it looked so much better than what I had in my mind.

Pardon me for asking this though but what was the purpose of the hold keyframes? I'm assuming it's to give it a more 'jerky' feel?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 27, 2012 at 12:54:31 am

I used a previous project where the video bounced in with hold keyframes, where the jerkiness was the goal. The original animation had half as many keyframes and I added more for when I modified it for your project. The hold keyframes really aren't neccessary, but it didn't even think to take them off.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]