ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Output resolution

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Pryce
Output resolution
on May 24, 2014 at 3:06:39 pm

Hi

This is such a noob question it's embarrassing... I've been asked to provide some really basic revolving image stuff for a trade show. Currently the individual images are 4065x2288 at 72 dpi and i was going to import them into a 1920 comp to animate. The output is going to be displayed on a 65" plasma screen and i want to be sure the quality is ok. Basically will a standard full hd comp display ok on a screen this size? I'm sure it's a fairly simple answer but as most of my stuff stays in the online space i don't know for sure and don't want to cock it up.

Cheers

James

James Pryce
Jamp Productions
http://www.jampproductions.com
01256 952152

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Output resolution
on May 24, 2014 at 3:29:37 pm

[James]
Basically will a standard full hd comp display ok on a screen this size?

Yes. I edited a movie that played in the movie theater with a screen size much bigger then 65" that was cut in a 1080 timeline and it looked fantastic in 2K. I do lots of broadcast commercials and they always look great on big TVs and I always work in a 1920 x 1080 timeline. Hope this helps and best of luck on the video.

Also, one other note, 72 dpi or 300 dpi doesn't matter for video. That is for print and wont change the quality of the image on a TV.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

James Pryce
on May 24, 2014 at 3:34:40 pm

Perfect thanks Stephen. I thought that might be the case but wanted to be sure.

James

James Pryce
Jamp Productions
http://www.jampproductions.com
01256 952152

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 24, 2014 at 3:38:26 pm

James,
I agree, it is always best to make sure before you invest all that time in building something. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]