ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Importing Text from PScs5.1 to AEcs5.5 duration problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt WojcikImporting Text from PScs5.1 to AEcs5.5 duration problem
by on Jan 17, 2012 at 8:49:25 pm

I know this is going to sound stupid, and i'm sure i'm skipping some simple detail because i haven't seen anyone else ask this question.

That being said; when i import text (psd) from PS to AE I can only get one frame of the text to come in and i can't figure out how to extend the duration to the 30 seconds i need. Please help.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Importing Text from PScs5.1 to AEcs5.5 duration problem
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 3:00:22 pm

Couple of things you can do. First thing I would check are your Import Settings, under the Edit tab, > Preferences > Import. Make sure that the setting isn't set to 0:00:00:01. I prefer to set mine to 'Length of Compostion' but if for some reason you need them to be set to 30 seconds you can do it here.

Also, in your composition, you could select the layer of your 1 frame footage still, move the Current Time Indicator(CTI) 30 seconds forward and press "alt = ]", that will extend the end point 30 seconds. Pressing "alt + [" will move the in point to the CTI position.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved