ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After effects unsupported file type (.mov)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zahiu VladAfter effects unsupported file type (.mov)
by on Jan 14, 2012 at 4:00:08 pm

Hello everyone.

I got a problem related to importing .mov files into Adobe After Effects CS4 (9.0.2 or something like that)
I have everything (i think) i need: QuickTime 7.71, this is the latest version i found, right from Apple's website.

I am trying to create VDEO COPILOT's crumble effect ( If you skip at 23:44, you will se that he is adding an imported .mov file. Everytime i try to do this, i get the following error: ,,After Effects error: Can't import file "": unsupported filetype or file extension (0::1)

Even though i have the LATEST quicktime, when i click ,,File">,,Export"> it says ,,QuickTime 7.4.1 or later required" (i'm not sure this really helps)

Hope i gave you enough details. If not, tell me what you need.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After effects unsupported file type (.mov)
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 3:55:06 pm

What is the codec of the footage? Quicktime movies -- movies with a .mov extension -- can utilize many different codecs.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: After effects unsupported file type (.mov)
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 5:19:30 pm

can you open the file in quicktime?

if so, if you choose window>show inspector it should show you lots of details about the footage, including the codec (under format). we can better troubleshoot from that point.

if quicktime can't open the file, then it may be a corrupt file. you could try downloading again, or emailing for their take on it.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved