ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adding ProRes presets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberry
Adding ProRes presets
on May 24, 2014 at 7:04:39 pm

I downloaded the ProRes presets for AME Media Encoder CC (7.2.2.29) from the Adobe site, dragged them into the "Quicktime folder" of AME, restarted the computer and see that the Quicktime folder does not even appear as a folder in the AME presets window, let alone no ProRes anywhere.

How to export in ProRes from AME? There ARE presents in Premiere Pro CC, but i would also like to have the capability out of AME. Thanks!

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Adding ProRes presets
on May 27, 2014 at 11:45:11 pm

Do you have the proper version of quicktime... and for a Mac? You have to go to third-party codecs on a windows box, and you'd have to build your own presets. It's not brain surgery to do so.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

tad newberry
on Jun 2, 2014 at 3:44:27 pm

Hi Dave,

Well, i THOUGHT i had the latest/greatest QT for Mac. I have QT Player 10.2, and QT Pro 7.6.6 (also, not an Adobe question, but why when i open QT or Preview, a whole flood of files open instead of only the one i'm aiming for?). Back to ProRes, I downloaded the PR presets from the Adobe site, but see nothing in AME reflecting that. As for building them myself as you elude to, is it then just a matter of making/saving a custom preset and calling good? I don't see the point in have downloads from Adobe if they aren't also importable. Anyway...a little confused (as usual) and dismayed here. Thanks for any help.

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 2, 2014 at 5:14:39 pm

The reason that some presets are not importable is that Adobe doesn't keep up with all the codecs and media containers available on Planet Earth.

Sometimes you have to put a little work into it.... and I stress the word "LITTLE". It ain't that tough, and if you screw it up, you can do it over and you learn something new in the process.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]