ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mocha 2.3 - missing Motion Blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas MontgomeryMocha 2.3 - missing Motion Blur
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 7:43:07 am

Heyhey

I've got an older version of Mocha, I guess (v 2.3.0, installed with CS5.5). Was instructed on how to use motion blur for my mattes when they're animated, however where I was told to find it (under Edge Properties)...it's not there.

Not even entirely sure if I'll ever use this feature, if it's used a lot by others, but was this not added until recently with v 2.6?

Cinematographer / Editor
Synn Studios Inc.

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Mocha 2.3 - missing Motion Blur
by on Jan 7, 2012 at 2:27:38 am

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but I don't think MochaAE ever included MB capabilities. The standard method I have used is to use timewarp after the fact to add motion blur (set the remap speed to 100 percent), or I will add the blur manually with a feathered mask edge in MochaAE.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Nicholas MontgomeryRe: Mocha 2.3 - missing Motion Blur
by on Jan 7, 2012 at 9:47:56 pm

Am following training off of Lynda.com and in one of the chapters the instructor demonstrates how to utilize motion blur, but I see the version of Mocha he's using for the course is more recent than mine.

Cinematographer / Editor
Synn Studios Inc.

Return to posts index

Brad DugdaleRe: Mocha 2.3 - missing Motion Blur
by on May 20, 2012 at 7:37:40 pm

Hey Nicholas,

I'm going through the same course and I'm encountering the same problem. I've done a few searches and can't find a solution. I have used Mocha 2.2.1 and 2.6.2, which is the latest version with CS6 and has the same interface used in the video.

I'll repost if I find a solution.

Editor - Motion Graphics

AudioBrad.com

Return to posts index

Brad DugdaleRe: Mocha 2.3 - missing Motion Blur
by on May 20, 2012 at 9:24:18 pm

Okay, I figured it out. We are working in Mocha AE and the tutorial is based on Mocha Pro. Turns out Mocha AE doesn't have any of the advanced Mocha Pro features. Here is the comparison.

Editor - Motion Graphics

AudioBrad.com

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Mocha 2.3 - missing Motion Blur
by on May 21, 2012 at 9:07:26 pm

Hi Brad,
Some users have gotten around this limitation by using CC Force Motion Blur effect or even better Re:Vision Effects' ReelSmart Motion Blur plug-in to simulate mo-blur.

Or you can upgrade to mocha Pro v3!

Cheers,
Ross

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]