ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Getting a Good shot

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan WeeGetting a Good shot
by on Jan 5, 2012 at 3:45:13 pm

I'm currently following a tutorial from Red Giant here. I've managed to follow every single step from the tutorial.

However, I attempted to try and reproduce the same effect, with a different shot of myself instead of the one used in the tutorial but didn't quite get the same effect, mainly (and most likely) because of the light settings while filming myself.

I saw that the clip used in the tutorial was filmed under very low light, so applying the Colorama effect wasn't that hard; whereas the clip in which I filmed myself was under direct light. I tried filming under low lighting as well but still couldn't get anything close while playing around with Colorama (most of which when I darken the background, I inadvertently darken myself out).

Is there a way around this? Or do I have to film under a really low light setting?

Thanks so much! :)

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Getting a Good shot
by on Jan 5, 2012 at 7:53:27 pm

i haven't looked at that tutorial, but colorama just remaps grayscale values to color values in defined in output cycle palette.

so you should be able to add a levels, curves or other color adjustment prior to colorama to adjust the brightness/contrast ratios of the image/footage, prior to colorama doing the colorizing. and that may get you closure to the values in the original image.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved