ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

resource libraries for motion design? (pictograms, images, landscapes, sounds, music, etc)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ignacio Fernandez de la Puente
resource libraries for motion design? (pictograms, images, landscapes, sounds, music, etc)
on Jan 5, 2012 at 12:44:11 pm

Hi there and happy new year!!

I have been trying to pull a motion design similar to this one of tripit.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S9PSyxzu9A) for a long time and I find it very hard, specially, for the lack of pictograms and image resources...

I was wondering if there is a library for motion designs with pictograms, images, landscapes, sounds, etc. ?

For instance, imagine you want to recreate a motion design scene where Bob run into Monica and Matt at the airport and tell him something cool, how would you start? Where would you obtain the background (airport), the pictograms (Bob, Monica and Matt) and the pictogram of the idea (light bulb) and thinking?

In case I have to draw it myself (is bad because I have no clue about how to do so), could someone point me to a reference of the hardware I have to buy?

Thanks in advanced!! I appreciate any response or comment! =)

Best Regards

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: resource libraries for motion design? (pictograms, images, landscapes, sounds, music, etc)
on Jan 5, 2012 at 6:43:26 pm

There are hundreds of stock photograph sites on the web that also have line drawings. Try a google search for stock image.

If you need to draw it yourself, you'll either need your normal drawing tools and a scanner to scan them in or a Wacom tablet and draw in Photoshop.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Re: resource libraries for motion design? (pictograms, images, landscapes, sounds, music, etc)
on Jan 5, 2012 at 7:03:30 pm

Hi Michael,

Thnaks for your quick response, but unfortunately when you look for stock image, you get that only images...Im more interested in the pictograms, such as this one http://www.clker.com/clipart-leaf-1.html but for persons and landscapes. Not photos but lineal or vectorized design stuff. Do you know about that?

Thanks in advanced mate!

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 6, 2012 at 1:18:31 pm

Did you read what I posted? Most stock image sites do illustrations too. Just to make sure, I did a Google search for stock images and clicked on the first (non-sponsored) link. Lo and behold on their front page - right across the top - were catagories: Photos, Illustrations, Video...wait, go back - Illustrations? Yup. Tons of them. The first sponsored link had vectors too. In fact, as I looked down the list, almost every link of the first Google search results mentioned that they had illustrations, vectors, or clipart in the link description.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

on Jan 6, 2012 at 4:48:49 pm

I really appreciate it your first response, but really dont waste your time with such stupid answer! Go to all of those that appear at google, go to ilustration and click on any of them, for instance http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-16031044-supermodels-high-fas...

Do zou notice something? Yes!!! There are not free!! Dude if I ask in a forum is because is not that obvious...I mean come on!! Im looking something like http://www.clker.com/ but with more pictograms (like the the drawed guy in the video of tripit)

Thanks anyway for your time!

Cheers

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 6, 2012 at 9:38:12 pm

You didn't say you wanted free. You just said you wanted images and then asked if you would need to buy equipment if you wanted to draw it yourself. I assumed there was a budget since you talked about buying equipment.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 6, 2012 at 9:41:14 pm

If you want free, try a google search for free clipart or free vectors.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]