ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Two levels of motion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce AndersonTwo levels of motion
by on Apr 25, 2016 at 11:13:22 pm

I'm thinking this must be a really basic question. What I'm trying to do is have the outline of a pointing hand move across the screen with two levels of motion: the first level simply moves across the screen - I've done this already with keyframes and again with expressions.

What I want to add is a sort of jabbing emphasis to the hand as it moves - as if someone were saying "there!, there!". As this is going on, the net movement of the hand might actually be backwards for a few frames. How do I add that second level of movement? I'm guessing it has something to do with motion on multiple layers - or a more complex set of expressions.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Two levels of motion
by on Apr 26, 2016 at 1:14:33 pm

You could try parenting the hand to a null, and then keyframe the null when needed, I would try scale.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Bruce AndersonRe: Two levels of motion
by on Apr 27, 2016 at 2:09:57 am

Thank you! I knew there was something really basic that I was missing - it was the parenting bit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved