ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5 and plugins to create infographs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos SilvaAfter Effects CS5 and plugins to create infographs
by on Dec 30, 2011 at 12:49:44 am

Hello,

I intend to acquire After Effects CS5 to create infographs basically.

I found some templates to After Effects that promise to make it in an amazing way. Since I don’t know even After Effects CS5, may someone inform whether this software itself is able to create infographs easily? Or could be valuable to acquire any of these plugin as well? Does anyone know any of them?

Infographics 3.0 After Effects template

InfoCharts After Effects template

Thanks in advance,

Cadu
------------------------------------------------
Wishes of amazing ideas in 2012!!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects CS5 and plugins to create infographs
by on Dec 31, 2011 at 12:46:48 pm

Since I don’t know even After Effects CS5, may someone inform whether this software itself is able to create infographs easily?

Or could be valuable to acquire any of these plugin as well? Does anyone know any of them?

Yes can easily create infographs with no extra tools-but to create the ones in that video you would need an intermediate to advanced knowledge of the software.

These aren't plugins, they are selling you After Effects projects that they created. They will come with some instructions telling you where to insert your data and the projects will update accordingly(using expressions).

The 'pros' of such templates are if you don't need to change many things, they are pretty easily to use. You enter your info, you enter the headers/section names and it will do the rest.

The drawbacks occur when you need to change things to suit your presentation or clients. From reading the website these videos:
Run Time
Main preview: 1:26 Each comp: :10 sec.

So if you need to change the timing or length of comp, color really anything you often will need an intermediate level abilities in after effects - sometimes more if you need to tweak expressions(but you really shouldn't have to do that).

Finally, you said you intend to acquire CS5 to do this. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but does that mean you don't have After Effects experience? If that's the case, you might be better off finding someone who knows the program(and owns it), buying them the infographs templates and just having them do it.

AE can be a large finacial investment and requires a massive investment of time.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]