ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion-Blur not working on transition effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Alderson
Motion-Blur not working on transition effect
on May 28, 2014 at 1:00:51 am

Hi there,

I have a layer that has the 'Jaws' transition effect on it with the 'jaws' opening and closing (fast, twice a second) revealing the layer beneath it.
I have tried to turn on motion blur for this layer and for the project to give the Jaws effect motion-blur but it just wont show?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sammy

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Motion-Blur not working on transition effect
on Jun 14, 2014 at 1:00:59 pm

So you get that all sorted out?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on May 28, 2014 at 1:17:33 am

Motion blur only works on layers that have motion...rotation, scale or position. AE actually calculates the motion of the layer to determine blur.

You can use the effect Time_CC Force Motion Blur. This effect creates motion by looking at past and future frames to create an approximate motion blur.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 28, 2014 at 3:29:18 am

The new Pixel Motion Blur effect is a good way to synthesize (fake) motion blur.
http://provideocoalition.com/cmg_keyframes/story/pixel-motion-blur-in-after...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on May 28, 2014 at 4:51:53 pm

you can also fake it with a blur effect.

if the movement of the jaws is simply vertical or horizontal and since you only want to blur the alpha channel (the jaws reveal), i'd use channel blur, setting the blur dimensions to horizontal or vertical and enabling the repeat edge pixels option.

if it's any other direction then you'll want directional blur. since directional blur blurs all channels you'll need to add an effect called cc composite with default settings, which will put the original (non-blurred) rgb image back in place while maintaining the blurred 'jaws' alpha.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]