ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Complete N00b at this...Trying to make a video on After Effects!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tabby Leadlove
Complete N00b at this...Trying to make a video on After Effects!!!!
on Dec 21, 2011 at 9:48:43 pm

I'm trying to make a lyric video for a song to add to youtube.. I have all of the lyrics synched up properly to the audio, but I can't get my compositions to play back to back. The first one will play, and that's it. How do I get them to continuously play one after another? Please help! I've been doing this for 6 hours straight and can't figure out how to do it.... I've watched video tutorials and everything.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Complete N00b at this...Trying to make a video on After Effects!!!!
on Dec 21, 2011 at 10:10:17 pm

Either render both the comps out and put them together in your editing program or put both of those comps into a new, third comp.

And I don't know what video tutorials you were watching (because there are, literally, thousands), but they were clearly not the right ones. Start here: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Tabby Leadlove
on Dec 21, 2011 at 10:41:22 pm

Thanks if I have any more trouble I'll write back :D

Return to posts index

Tabby Leadlove
on Dec 21, 2011 at 11:00:25 pm

I could use Windows Movie Maker, which is extremely simple to use, but I wanted more of a challenge, and I also wanted my video to look better than just the plain text lyric videos. I am watching the video that was on the link you sent me now. This is similar to what I'm trying to do:

This is the best video I found that actually helped me with the synchronizing of the lyrics/music, but when he plays his compositions, they play back to back. I just can't get mine to do that at all:

http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/motion-graphics/design-rhythmic-motion-typ...

At about 2:07 and about 3:18 he "precomposes" it, I tried that and it did nothing... He then plays the first frame and the second frame right after, but doesn't state how. So rendering should be how to do it? I have 22 compositions total. I want to get everything flowing properly before I even start toying with the graphics.

Return to posts index

Tabby Leadlove
on Dec 21, 2011 at 11:05:50 pm

The music/lyric video I'm trying to make is literally 1:50 long... I had no idea what I was getting myself into, that this program was this complex...

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 21, 2011 at 11:14:13 pm

[Tabby Leadlove] I had no idea what I was getting myself into, that this program was this complex...

Yup. It's one of the most complex pieces of software I have to use.

Starting right in on a project is just going to frustrate you. Take a few days (or weeks, if needed) to get familiar with the basic foundations of how the program works. Once you do that, you'll find the more advanced tutorials much easer to follow.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Tabby Leadlove
on Dec 22, 2011 at 10:51:29 pm

I tried rendering all of the compositions, all 22.. It took 5 minutes to render each one, and that still didn't work and took up sooo much space on my PC I had to stop rendering them.... All I want is for the compositions to keep playing along with the music. The first one will play, and then the song will continue to play and the composition stays on the first one.

3447_diarrheabetesvideo.aep.zip

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 21, 2011 at 10:16:11 pm

Also, as a side note, you're more likely to get help on a professional forum like this if you act a bit more professional.
Specific tips:
Try using fewer exclamation marks in your post.
No need to use the word newb (but, if you must, please don't spell it with numbers).
Please don't format your text in bold and italics (it makes it harder to read and, therefore, less likely to be read and responded to).

And, for better help, if you reference seeing tutorials in your post, it would be useful to link to them.

Welcome to the world of After Effects. You've been using it for 6 hours straight? Cool! Some of us have been using it for over 10 years. :) We'll help you if we can, but please be considerate when you post.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Tabby Leadlove
on Dec 21, 2011 at 10:47:35 pm

I wasn't trying to be unprofessional, nor did I know it was a requirement just to ask a simple question. I know I probably should have linked the tutorials I watched, but there were so many that probably would have bothered you as well. I watched some on Youtube, I Googled at least 10 different ways to phrase my question and went through all of those tutorials. Thanks for the help, but you don't have to be a rude about it. I am a n00b, I was being honest. I have no idea what I'm doing with this program and I literally stayed up all night watching videos and tutorials on how to do it. The people in the videos went so fast and didn't explain each step they were doing.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Complete Newb at this...Trying to make a video on After Effects
on Dec 21, 2011 at 11:06:57 pm

[Tabby Leadlove] Thanks for the help, but you don't have to be a rude about it. I am a n00b, I was being honest. I have no idea what I'm doing with this program and I literally stayed up all night watching videos and tutorials on how to do it. The people in the videos went so fast and didn't explain each step they were doing.
I'm sorry if I came across as rude. I was just trying to help you get better/faster help in the future.

Also, I figured you were going through tutorials that were a bit too advanced for you. That's why I suggested going through these resources: [link] They are specifically aimed at brand new beginners to AE and should help ease your frustration.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Tabby Leadlove
Re: Complete Newb at this...Trying to make a video on After Effects
on Dec 21, 2011 at 11:10:14 pm

I could use Windows Movie Maker, which is extremely simple to use, but I wanted more of a challenge, and I also wanted my video to look better than just the plain text lyric videos. I am watching the video that was on the link you sent me now. This is similar to what I'm trying to do:

http://youtu.be/OehxXNCYvTM

This is the best video I found that actually helped me with the synchronizing of the lyrics/music, but when he plays his compositions, they play back to back. I just can't get mine to do that at all:

http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/motion-graphics/design-rhythmic-motion-typ...

At about 2:07 and about 3:18 he "precomposes" it, I tried that and it did nothing... He then plays the first frame and the second frame right after, but doesn't state how. So rendering should be how to do it? I have 22 compositions total. I want to get everything flowing properly before I even start toying with the graphics

Return to posts index

Tabby Leadlove
on Dec 21, 2011 at 11:12:17 pm

Do you think I could also be having troubles since I'm using the trial version?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 22, 2011 at 3:22:21 pm

From your description, it doesn't sound like the trial version is limiting you in any way.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]