ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects and Premiere Connection

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg FloryAfter Effects and Premiere Connection
by on Dec 18, 2011 at 7:24:21 pm

I am new to AE, just discovered the magic of Keylight!

I create video presentations in Premiere using stills and clips. I have begun to use a local greenscreen video studio. I need help combining AE and Premiere to use Keylight and placing new clip into Premiere sequence.

I have tried importing the Premiere project into AE, using Keylight, and exporting back to Premiere; saving with another name. When I attempt to open in Pro, I get an error message about missing AE files.

I have tried Dynamic Link without success; probably missing a setting.

Ideally, I would like to use Keylight to create transparent background and place in Pro project folder to compete video presentation.

Any ideas and/or recommendations would be appreciated.
Greg

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects and Premiere Connection
by on Dec 18, 2011 at 7:44:40 pm

Not sure why the workflow you are using isn't working, but one thing you could do import and keylight in AE, put your background layer in below the greenscreen footage, then render the entire thing out and import into Premiere.

It isn't as efficient as the method you described, but you can get the job done this way.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: After Effects and Premiere Connection
by on Dec 18, 2011 at 9:18:11 pm

I always like to recommend that, depending on your version of Premiere, if you have CS5 and above, you already have a VERY capable keyer built right in - Ultra Key. I find that I need Keylight these days ONLY if I have a particularly challenging key to create, and then only because I like to use Aaron Rabinowitz's 'Super Tight Junk Matte', whose tutorial can be found here on the COW.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Greg FloryRe: After Effects and Premiere Connection
by on Dec 19, 2011 at 3:36:57 am

Thanks for the info. I am currently using cs4 for both AE and premiere. I will need to upgrade both.

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

Greg FloryRe: After Effects and Premiere Connection
by on Dec 19, 2011 at 3:41:31 am

Thanks for the tip. I tried your solution. Everything worked fine except I lost the audio somewhere in process.

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: #AfterEffects & #PremierePro - Dynamic Link
by on Dec 19, 2011 at 9:05:58 am

Hi there,

The simplest way is to select the clip you want to key (and the underlying clip if necessary) in the Timeline in PremPro. Right-click on these selected clips and choose "Replace with After Effects Composition".

This will create a linked comp in AE. Do your keying and then save the AE project.

Jump back to PremPro and the timeline should be updated with your chages made in AE.

If you need to adjust the settings further do not do the same process again, simply right-click on the dynamically linked portion and choose edit Original, this will re-open the comp where you can make changes and save when finished.

Hope this helps!

cheers,

Angie

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices

http://www.angietaylor.co.uk
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angie-Taylor/118378194869002

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: #AfterEffects & #PremierePro - Dynamic Link
by on Dec 19, 2011 at 1:35:40 pm

Dynamic Link was very sketchy for us in CS4, and again in CS5. We would lose that ability every couple of weeks or so, requiring us to re-install PPro to reinstate the capability. With CS5.5, it seems to have been corrected.

Now, more than likely the reason you lose audio on your AE render is that it defaults to the 'Lossless' Output Model, which does not include audio in the output. You need to edit the 'Lossless' model to include audio and save that as a new model.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]